1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keith Olbermann's turn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 24, 2015.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He didn't think of the waitresses.

Double Down likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Olbermann's responses were childish, but I'm not sure they warrant a suspension.

I'm sure the Penn State faithful will be celebrating this one. I saw a good bit of whining about Olbermann's tweets on Facebook earlier today.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, nothing in those tweets comes even close to being deserving of a suspension. I just wonder if he's on a super short leash.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Olbermann can't help himself. He has to respond to everyone in the most condescending possible way.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

7. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

Not really. They're celebrating raising another $13M+ for pediatric cancer research. It's the largest student-run philanthropy in the world.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

The stories about him during his first ESPN stint were legendary. I had friends who were interns there in the mid to late 90s and he was one sadistic SOB.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

TeamBud, given the whiny, us-against-the-world responses I've seen from Penn State students and alumni since the entire Sandusky thing came to light, there will be plenty among you thrilled to see somebody get punished for daring to criticize your beloved school.

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This is true. Penn State, and its alums, rivals any public university in pretentiousness.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Further proof of the silliness of engaging in Twitter "beefs."

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The other day Tony Kornheiser mentioned on PTI that he's not one Twitter...because, he said, he'd knew he'd get himself fired.

I bet he's right and I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Draft saved Draft deleted