1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 6, 2015.

1. I know the season doesn't start for a few months ;) (I don't care what the PGA says - wake me two weeks before Augusta unless Tiger or Phil wins, or Rory shoots 59)

Not sure whether to love or hate Patrick Reed.
    Shit, even Bubba Watson think this cat has issues.

Really long single-page story on Reed and background ...
    The Villain: Patrick Reed | Tobacco Road Blues

Then there was this news ...
    Patrick Reed's wife reportedly had Reed's parents kicked out of US Open - CBSSports.com

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Guy can play. Could also blow himself up. Not the first time in sports history.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

More people are ticked off at the R&A for leaving television partner BBC after a gazillion years.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Koepka win again. Sonsta bitch, can this kid hit a golf ball.......490 yard uphill 14th in Phoenix playing into a slight breeze...Driver-Wedge.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

BREAKING: Tiger taking long absence from professional golf.......

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Looked like he had already done that.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think Tiger will compete in the Masters whether his game is ready or not. Greatness is often about living in denial, and he's not ready to face the music just yet. Hell, he'll probably give it a go at the Honda, unless I'm totally misreading the situation. It would be fascinating to see him take the Jordan mini-retirement and go away for a few years, then come back refreshed and ready. It would also be fascinating if he was like "You know what? I'm not catching Jack. That record is his. But now I'm playing golf for fun and for me, so let's just see how it goes." But again, he's not wired like that, and wouldn't have gotten to 14 in the first place if he was. But some serious time in therapy might work wonders for him.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

49-year-old John Daly is trying to laugh in my face with my "Tiger is toast and won't conpete again" prediction with a bogey free 65 today.

As some of my friends on Twitter pointed out, he's shot a 90 more recently than a 65 in competition.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That's one funny thing about golf: you can get into a zone, like unconscious, perhaps aided by substance, and have a great run.

Keeping hot over four days is tough though. The mental and psychological aspects fascinate me. Pressure. I'm always reminded of that Billy Joel song.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Snedeker shoots -22at Pebble to beat the record of -20 held by Snedeker. That's what 4 days of 75* and no wind gets you.

Oh......after the opening 65 from Daly......72-73 = MC

Draft saved Draft deleted