1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tehran Hostages: Should They Be Compensated?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Tehran hostages’ endless siege: A quest for compensation and closure - The Washington Post

"The remaining hostages — 13 of the 52 have died — are keenly aware that they can’t recover lost time, so they are looking with increasing urgency for another kind of restitution. They have turned to Congress in a bid for compensation for their captivity — for solitary confinement and mock firing squads, for beatings with rubber hoses and being hung, like laundry, over open elevator shafts, or run, blindfolded, into trees. And for the toll all this took on their families."

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As Les Carpenter pointed out a while back, they've already received a golden ticket to MLB games. What more do they want?

Safe at Home

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's what I was going to say!

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They had an Oscar-winning movie made about them.

Enough is enough!

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Do they get royalties?

6. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

I thought the movie (at least the one I'm thinking of) was about those who were able to get out of Iran and was therefore not about the actual hostages.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

You mean Argo?

Draft saved Draft deleted