1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl 50 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CowboyCasanova, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Who wins, who loses?

It's early but right now I take the Cowboys over Rex Ryan's Bills in a classic. Bills miss game-winning FG as time expires.

2. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Will it be Super Bowl L? XXXXX? LC?
    Interesting to me that the NFC's top two teams both will have to overcome stunning losses in big games they appeared to have in the bag.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Seahawks had that game in the bag?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think that's fair. In addition to the 10-point lead with under 10 minutes to go, I have to believe the chances of scoring a touchdown with second down at the 1-yard line are north of 90 percent.

Wasn't there a chart that the Seahawks' win probability peaked at 91%?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I guess, I just don't see it like the Packers loss

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heard that the NFL will be ditching the roman numerals for this one. Not sure about LI and beyond, though.

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Yep. It wasn't to the level of the Packers losing two weeks earlier, but a win was looking pretty certain for Seattle multiple times in the fourth quarter. Overlooked was that when Seattle was ahead 10, a drive-extending catch for a first down was dropped. On the next drive, after the Pats had scored, a tripping call wasn't made and Seattle ended up going three-and-out, giving Brady plenty of time.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Back to the Roman numerals for 51 and beyond.

And I think these teams will meet again. I hope I'm wrong.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was either drop "Super Bowl L" or guarantee a Vikings-Bills matchup.

10. Apparently Richard Sherman needs Tommy John surgery. That's obviously huge.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Steelers or Pats vs. Packers or Seahawks

Dark horses - Giants, Bills, Cardinals, Rams

12. Don't count out the Panthers, either. They aren't that far away

Draft saved Draft deleted