1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blizzard of '15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cranberry, Jan 25, 2015.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I know this is a little regional and I'm not usually one to obsess about the weather but NYC and much of the Northeast is expecting more than two feet of snow tomorrow night, so I figured it's worth a thread...

U.S. East Coast braces for 'historic' blizzard on Monday| Reuters

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think we're supposed to get an inch or so. It's 50 degrees in DC right now.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And the DC area grocery stores have a lot of empty shelves this afternoon.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Somewhere between a foot and a half and three feet here, plus coastal flooding, hurricane force gusts, etc. It's our first "storm of the century" in two whole years.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it here in Vermont.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Media in full blizzard hype, as if we'll all be riveted to our TVs watching coverage. We were out and about the next day after the Blizzard of '78, didn't lose power. Fun to watch people who live in a "snowy" state hoarding food, gasoline and other things, as if the stores will be closed for weeks.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's gonna be hell on people getting out and getting to Glendale. Hope they booked an early flight.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's supposed to be some sort of Patriots send-off rally downtown at lunchtime tomorrow. I wonder if they'll cancel it to make sure the team gets out of town.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Don't worry, the cold will condense 12 inches of snow down to 3 inches. At least that's what Belichick told me.

murphyc, bigpern23 and old_tony like this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And the airplane tires will deflate.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Locusts expected here

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

65, sunny and dry here. We did, however, catch a shit ton of rain off this thing late last week.

Draft saved Draft deleted