1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter - Hyannis, MA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/job-listings/1614618

Company: Cape Cod Media Group/Cape Cod Times
    Position:
    Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Save to Job Basket
    E-mail this job to a friend
    Printer-friendly version
    Share on Twitter

Description:
    Cape Cod is home to the famed Cape Cod Baseball League, Famouth Road Race, the Kennedy Compound, highly acclaimed charter schools and some of the best beaches and weather you can find in New England. You'll work hard and play hard here. The Cape Cod Times, a seven-day AM daily based in Hyannis, Mass., seeks a self-motivated and creative sports journalist to join its award-winning team to play a key role in covering high school athletics and also the Cape League during the summer. Our coverage area stretches from Bourne and Falmouth to Provincetown and every place between. Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard are a short boat ride (you might see the teams you're covering on the same boat). Boston is 90 minutes away. Energy, enthusiasm and a passion for quality and integrity are a must. The successful candidate must be a strong reporter and writer, and have the clips to back it up. Digital experience and social media is a must. The candidate must be comfortable handling a variety of print and digital assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.

Send cover letter, resume and five story clips to bhiggins@capecodonline.com

Candidates can also apply via mail:

Bill Higgins, Sports Editor

Cape Cod Media Group

319 Main Street

Hyannis, Mass, 02601

Please, no phone calls due the volume of expected applications.

2. PBOWKER

PBOWKER Member

This is a decent gig and replaces a long-time talented writer (Russ Charpentier) who is retiring. Not many jobs come open here. Bill Higgins is a good guy to work with, which is why I went back to the Cape just a few weeks ago as assistant sports editor. Paul Pronovost, the exec editor, is a terrific manager and journalist.

Any questions, PM me, or send a straight email.

Resumes and clips can be emailed to Bill or myself.

Paul Bowker
    pbowker@capecodonline.com

3. Potter

Potter Member

Anybody know what happened with this?

4. superhater

superhater Member

I was told they were doing phone interviews a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if it's gone beyond that yet.

5. Potter

Potter Member

Did this ever get filled?

6. superhater

superhater Member

Yes. I'm not entirely sure who the new hire is, but I know there is one.

Draft saved Draft deleted