1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Megyn Kelly Moment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Does she deserve one?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

tl;dr

and no legs either

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A blow-up doll squealing at the whim of the creepy old fat rich white boys who pull her strings.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You're so unhappy about anything and everything, aren't you?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He just prefers Candy Crowley.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She is hot. And will always be my hero for election night, 2012:
    "Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?"

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

A 6?

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Hot but her voice is grating. When I watch her, I see an anchor/host who only talks on one speed and one volume. Quick and medium-loud. She's always on about an 8 and I think she would be best served with a co-host or political sidekick to play off of.

Quick and medium-loud is no way to go through a 60-minute show every night. I actually find some of the other blond anchors in the FOX stable easier to watch/listen to when they sub in, particularly Martha MacCallum. She can be intense and also dial it back. Kelly just hits the viewer with a hammer over .... and over.

Megyn Kelly has solid ratings for cable in that time slot but that's out of default. I think when she was on O'Reilly, she was a strong guest but being a strong guest doesn't always translate into being a strong host.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I don't think the majority of the Fox News viewing audience does well with subtlety.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Plus she has to talk loud or they're going to spend all night messing with their hearing aids.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And her only crime: daring not to preach to Starman's choir.

old_tony likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted