1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Introduction

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by AndrewD, Jan 18, 2015.

1. AndrewD

AndrewD New Member

Hi everyone, forgive me if this is in the wrong place but just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Andrew from Ontario, Canada. Most of my work has been in citizen journalism but have recently made the jump to hockey. Although I don't have much hockey-writing experience yet, I'm excited.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
    A

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome. Citizen journalism to hockey is quite a leap so good on you (or is that an Australian saying?). What level of hockey? What do you want to end up doing down the road?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Good on you' is defnitely Aussie, Fife.

Maybe hosers say it, too?

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Blue or Canadian?

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

If he has any real taste in beer, the correct answer is neither. Put me down for one of the many fine selections from Granville Island or Phillips, but if we must stay mass produced I'll take a Rickards Red. Damn I was spoiled living on the Island. I miss the beer very much.

And Buck/Moddy, I've been known to say "Good on you," but I also like my quirky phrases, so maybe I'm not the best to answer if it has fully crossed over to Canada as well.

6. AndrewD

AndrewD New Member

Thanks to all for replying.

I follow the Leafs & Red Wings quite a bit and plan to start here. Not sure of my plans down the road, I have a full-time job and consider this a hobby but would be thrilled if this took me somewhere.

Spike- It's funny that Canadian has a rep of being the staple beer up here and the one that represents all of us. But to be honest, I think it's piss and enjoy a pint of Budweiser!!

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Andrew, welcome!

And drink something besides Budweiser!

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If you want to drink Budweiser it should really be out of a classic long neck bottle. A pint of
    Bud just does not sound the same as a pint of Guinness.

9. AndrewD

AndrewD New Member

Ah true! I like the pints though, quicker to down! And thanks for mentioning Guinness I love it! And did I mention Gibson's & Wiser's?
    I digress...

10. AndrewD

AndrewD New Member

I'm open to some of that Victoria Bitter. Maybe trade me for some Kawartha Lakes Brew?

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I unfortunately don't have access to Victoria Bitter at the moment. If I get some, I will let you know.

Draft saved Draft deleted