1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin falls for hoax

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jan 15, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Anyone catch Deadspin falling for the "3-on-3 basketball coming to the Olympics" hoax story from one of those hoax-y sites yesterday?

deadspin.com/whoa-the-2016-olympics-will-have-3-on-3-basketball-1679490551?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

God, that was great. So, so great.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they didn't blame the 81-year-old press box announcer again.

JackReacher likes this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Betoota Advocate sure sounds legit, as does the byline "Sports Journalist."

I eagerly await Craggs blaming ... society? The system? The vast legacy-media conspiracy?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

By the way, that's the guy who wrote the Worst Sports Writing of the Year column discussed on the Journalism board.

Kyle Wagner's 15 minutes ought to be about up.

5. JackReacher

I wish I could have seen the look on their faces when they realized what they did.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And the guy who's enjoying it the most right now is ...

[​IMG]

JackReacher and Dick Whitman like this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Haha. I look forward to the Home Run Derby at the 2024 Boston Olympics. Fenway will be rocking.

Of course, it won't be called Home Run Derby. It's going to be called Stick Ball.

[​IMG]

Songbird likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I see an opening in this for the NFL to crack the door open to getting American Football into the Olympics.

We need a push for Punt, Pass, and Kick to become an Olympic sport.

And, as a nod to the spirit of amateurism, the competition will be limited to participants between the ages of 6 and 15.

[​IMG]

9. JackReacher

I think EmpireNews has that story in the hopper for release later today. Stay tuned for the Deadspin post.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sponsored by "the donuts of champions."

Draft saved Draft deleted