1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taylor Negron RIP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'll always remember him as Jeff Spicoli's classroom pizza delivery man. RIP.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

That too.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Punchline:

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

It's crazy what is stored deep in your memory. I remember seeing him on "The Dating Game" and he was ID'd as an actor. He didn't get picked, of course, and I immediately thought that goofy-looking SOB had no chance of being a successful actor. And for the last 40 or so years I'd recall that every time he popped up on something I was watching. First time I saw "Fast Times ..." I said, there's that goofy-looking SOB from "The Dating Game."

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Was Rodney Dangerfield's son-in-law (and Jennifer Jason Leigh's husband) in "Easy Money."

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

First role I thought of him in too. Weird, I was just thinking about that movie the other day.

I think he was also in One Crazy Summer, a very underrated John Cusack/Demi Moore 80's flick.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Good job remembering that one.

I probably shouldn't threadjack an RIP thread, but what happened to Savage Steve Holland? He directed back-to-back 80s comedy classics, Better Off Dead and One Crazy Summer, then has been mostly directing episodes of kids' shows ever since.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

In 1982 he was hardly a star, so I want to know how he pulled off "Taylor Negron .... Himself" in the Fast Times at Ridgemont High credits.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Still wondering how Chuck Negron managed to outlive cousin Taylor.

11. Come on!!!!!
    He's the tough guy villian in the greatest action movie of 1991!

#fail

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Very good in the truly underrated "Young Doctors in Love"

Draft saved Draft deleted