1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F.B.I. and Justice Dept. Said to Seek Charges for Petraeus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 9, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wow. I guess he's off everyone's short list for VP in '16.

The F.B.I. and Justice Department prosecutors have recommended bringing felony charges against David H. Petraeus, contending that he provided classified information to a lover while he was director of the C.I.A., officials said, leaving Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. to decide whether to seek an indictment that could send the pre-eminent military officer of his generation to prison.

The Justice Department investigation stems from an affair Mr. Petraeus had with Paula Broadwell, an Army Reserve officer who was writing his biography, and focuses on whether he gave her access to his C.I.A. email account and other highly classified information.

F.B.I. agents discovered classified documents on her computer after Mr. Petraeus resigned from the C.I.A. in 2012 when the affair became public.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/1...inst-former-gen-david-petraeus.html?referrer=

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Meant to post in Sports & News.

Maybe a mod can help me out...

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Damn, and he thought he had covered his tracks by using the Drafts folder in Gmail.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I highly doubt he was THAT stupid. I may be wrong, but this isn't a guy who got where he got by being that dumb. Put his dick in the wrong pot, yes. This dumb? Surely not.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think you being a bit harsh on YF. You mean to say that you've never put a thread in the wrong forum? At least
    he acknowledged his mistake.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is a fluid situation.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Call your airlines.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Concerned as always. But at least we know whose fault it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted