1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week's bizarre High School Basketball Score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Opening week here in the sticks.

Girls Varsity.

1 2 3 4
    14 14 14 7- 49

2 1 0 0 - 3

D scored first. Layup :18 into the game, lead 2-0. Then a free throw with 1:18 left in the 2nd.
    That's it. That's all.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago, one of our local girls teams played 14 games and broke double digits five times. One of the losses was a 63-0 shutout.
    It hasn't gotten much better since then.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

City girls team here was down 31-0 at the end of the first period and 46-5 at the half. They're awful.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Last week, I ran the scoreboard for my school's girls bb team, which won 45-2. The two points came off foul shots -- the first point on a technical foul, because ten minutes before the game the scorebook was two lines short of complete, and the opposing coach pointed it out to the ref at the very second he could.

I didn't feel too bad when I stopped the clock for a two shot foul with .01 seconds left.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

161-2. 104-1 at the half.

http://www.sbsun.com/sports/2015010...ut-bloomington-161-2-sportsmanship-questioned

“I didn’t play any starters in the second half,” said Anderson, who guided Rialto to the Division II state finals in 2011 before coming to Arroyo Valley before the 2013-14 season. “I didn’t expect them (Bloomington) to be that bad, I’m not trying to embarrass anybody. And I didn’t expect my bench to play that well. I had one (bench) player make eight of nine 3s.”

Riiiiight.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Dear Bloomington:

1, Get Better, or

2, Quit.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

See, I'm all for the "get better or quit" mentality, but who the fuck allows their team to shoot "eight of nine" 3-pointers in the second half with that lead?

That's just bullshit.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Sure is. No need to be shooting all those 3s against a defenseless team.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

"Get better it quit" is a good philosophy, but doesn't work in a Title 9 world where schools have to field some teams whether or not they have the athletes or qualified coaches.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'll say this too if the story is correct: shame on the officials who wouldn't go to a running clock in the third quarter.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

He had all bench players in and these bench players may not get many chances to play. Why should they be harnessed and told not to play?

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Story says the team has already won by 73, 81, 74 and 98 points before this game. If the bench isn't getting a lot of playing time, then it's the coaches fault.

Draft saved Draft deleted