1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shocker! NFL investigation says NFL didn't see Rice elevator video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 8, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-rice-elevator-video-according-mueller-report

"We found no evidence that anyone at the NFL had or saw the in-elevator video before it was publicly shown. We also found no evidence that a woman at the NFL acknowledged receipt of that video in a voicemail message on April 9, 2014," the report said.

Also the Patriots never spied on the Rams.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

It depends on what your definition of is is.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I did my own investigation and I did not write this post.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So is the Mueller Report fixed? Are investigators purposely turning a blind eye? Or is this just the usual, modern response people have today about things: "I don't agree with it, so it must be wrong, anybody who agrees with me is right, anybody who doesn't is wrong."

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

LOL I guess you haven't been paying attention to the NFL for the last 10 years.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why should the NFL be given the benefit of the doubt on anything?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yes.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Didn't AP listen to the tape?

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

And it's released on Thursday, two days before the Divisional playoffs, which means it will be in the news for two days tops.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

To believe the Mueller Report, one has to believe that the police officer who played the voicemail for the Associated Press fabricated it (with an NFL registered phone number, to boot) in an effort to make the NFL look bad. It's not out of the realm of possibility, but it seems less likely than the NFL spending a whole lot of money to repair its image and protect Goodell.

11. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I doubt many believe the report, but with the ruling and the timing of everything, it will be completely forgotten about in about 48 hours.

This should surprise absolutely no one.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why not release it tomorrow then? It's a Friday. And only news for one day.

Draft saved Draft deleted