1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Marshall has become a real contradiction. Last year he was a feel good story
    and seemed like he was becoming a responsible citizen. He got that nice gig
    on Inside The NFL with Boomer and Simms and now seems to be
    transforming back into a heel again.

3. Mr. Sunshine

I admire him for trying to better himself and be more than your average jock. But the leadership role doesn't suit him, and that is exacerbated on a team devoid of leaders. Interesting mention in that read about Trestman being scared of him.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I do too but then he reverts back to his old ways from time to time. It was interesting seeing him interact with Boomer and Simms.
    They seemed to want to advise him like they were both his long lost uncles. He would do well to listen to their guidance.

I think he has a bit of Chris Carter in him.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Looks like Shanahan will be leaving Cleveland, and the latest report says he'd be hired as OC by Dan Quinn if he gets one of the HC openings.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Is Quinn the Seattle guy? What's his connection with Kyle? Or does has he just liked his work from afar?

Apparently, Kyle is interviewing for Buffalo's HC job today.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Yes, Seattle DC. Don't know of any connection, but he's been around a while.

8. Mr. Sunshine

9. JackReacher

I'm assuming the play call suggestions coming via text from the press box is what set Kyle off and is why he asked to be released. That'll typically do it!

10. Mr. Sunshine

After the Redskins and Browns, he must be thinking, "I should have become an accountant."

11. JackReacher

Yeah, I think if he can find a team that isn't dysfunctional, he could be OK.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

At least they didn't come from the President.

Draft saved Draft deleted