1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Upset Alert: Kentucky on the ropes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, Jan 6, 2015.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Don't look now, but Ole Miss has Kentucky on the ropes in Lexington. Rebs up one in OT.

I'm sure there is a college hoops thread, but I figured deskers might want this heads up.

2. three_bags_full

UK up two with 32 seconds left, going to the line for two.

3. three_bags_full

UK survives 89-86.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You jinxed it.

5. three_bags_full

Ole Miss' terrible play calling with 30 seconds left in regulation jinxed it.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Calipari should be fined $100,000 for every game UK doesn't score 100, and he should be sent to Siberia for life if they lose a game.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In other words, he should be sent to Mississippi?

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Just a hiccup. No reason to worry. Kentucky is invincible.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the best team college basketball has seen in a long time.

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Add stupid basketball players and coaches to the things I'm tired of.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

30 seconds left and Ole Miss' point guard just dribbles around at the top of the key for 22 of it, then runs some sort of horrible iso play. No lane, so he takes a step-back 25 footer with a hand in his face. Great possession there.

I think some of Kentucky's close calls will open the door for some voters to rank Duke No. 1 at some point, though I don't think this would be the week for it since the Devils have a relatively weak slate (at Wake, home vs. State).

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Everyone on the other thread seems to want coaches who just roll the ball out and shut up. That last play is what you get.

My man Tony Bennett, one of the dreaded slowdown overcoachers, faced a 3-point deficit late in overtime the other day at Miami. He called timeout, put in a play, and Justin Anderson wound up wide open for the tying shot.

That's not to say that it doesn't go both ways, like when Roy Williams called timeout with one second left and his guard headed toward the basket. But terrible shots are the norm when you get the "just roll the ball out" guys together.

Draft saved Draft deleted