1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter opening — West Bend, Wis. (north of Milwaukee)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by jclary33, Dec 30, 2014.

1. jclary33

jclary33 New Member

This is my old position they are filling. If you have any questions about the area, duties or anything else, shoot me a PM. Also, if you're from out of town, I would be able to get you in contact with a leasing company that has some apartments in the area.

Great staff and a fun place to work.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/job-listings/1615263

The Daily News in West Bend, Wisconsin, is looking for a full-time reporter to join its staff. The main duties are to cover the local high school sports scene. The successful hire will take over the the weekly Outdoors page. They will also assist with news coverage.
    The Daily News, which publishes Tuesdays through Saturdays, covers eight high schools in Washington County. Reporters are required to be versatile with the sports they cover and with their abilities.
    They are often asked to write stories, edit copy, paginate and take photos, in one shift.
    You must be able to work nights, along with some weekends and holidays.
    Applicants should be proficient with word processing, Adobe Photoshop and page design programs (Quark and/or InDesign). Strong knowledge of AP style is essential.
    If you're highly motivated with a proven track record to produce high-quality stories on tight deadlines, then we want to hear from you.
    Please submit cover letter, resume, story clips and page designs.
    Send to jmcbride@conleynet.com with "Reporter" in the subject line or mail to Daily News Attn: Jennifer 100 S. Sixth Ave., West Bend, WI 53095.

2. Be wary. Can fill in via PM.

3. jclary33

jclary33 New Member

Wary of?

Just to be clear, I accepted a job close to family and friends, which is the only reason I am leaving this paper.

It's an award-winning newspaper in a great community. Winters are cold, but it's a great place to start and build your career.

Draft saved Draft deleted