1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics threads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Dec 6, 2014.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I chuckle at the thought that someone has to "bring a game" on a message board. I don't think this is what Darwin had in mind. Anyhoo, the core that kept this board vital...we got older, in a lot of cases real life took over too much, and to some, the tone was no longer the kind that engaged us in the first place. I imagine this isn't the first board this maturation/death spiral? process has happened to. I myself blame not having yearlong Sheep. But a board that doesn't have Lugnuts, Ace and 21 around, to name just three, is not going to be the same as far as smartness and fun goes; it just isn't. There are still some people that have that spirit, as far as I can tell from my occastion visits, just not enough to keep the bustle that used to lead to only about 3-4 dead hours a day.

As for Jeff...spent the gold, makes the rules. Same as Lucas and Kenny.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A voice of reason returns. Welcome and thanks. I don't mind people who smoke but I've always had a rule: No smoking in my house or my cars. Those who don't like it don't have to come over or ride with me.

When it was Lucas' house, he made the rules.
    When it was Outclick's house (Kenny was not an owner), they made the rules.
    It is now Jeff's house. He makes the rules. Plain and simple. You want to set the rules, buy the house. Stroke Jeff a check for 150K or so and we'll play by your rules.

Don't be a stranger Dools. Thought of you the other night when the kids and I dined at The Beer Authority.

3. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

This site sold for $150,000?

4. Moderator1

You seriously scare me.

Riptide likes this.
  5. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

How much do moderators get paid?

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

At least $150K. Plus full benefits.

7. Moderator1

I scoff. Maybe the newbs. Us vets are pushing 500K.

You new here Manky? We get paid the same thing you get paid. Nothing. Never have (though Webby1 did send me a t-shirt once. still waiting on the thong). We do it because we like the community.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A voice of reason? Boy, I have you fooled. Hell, I was paying my occasional visit to town, sorry I missed you.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I haven't read through all 11 pages of this thread (Eleven? Really? Eleven pages on this site is now is worth about as much as 30 home runs were worth in the year 2000), but I'll say this: Ninety percent of Sportsjournalists take the second half of that label more seriously than the first, and banning discussion of politics among a group of people who value the news only stifles debate, discussion and, yes, page views.

Oh, and I mean, 11? Seriously?

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, take out all of the poo-flinging, and it'd only be like 4 pages. I agree that we should get to discuss politics and current events, but this thread is a good example of why we can't.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Meh. Didn't read through all the poo-flinging. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted