1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter- Hanover, PA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/job-listings/1615218

Company: Hanover Evening Sun
    Position:
    Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified

[​IMG]
    Description:
    Not everyone can be a pro athlete, but how about surrounding yourself with sports on a nightly basis and getting paid for it?
    The Evening Sun is looking for an experienced multiplatform journalist to cover Adams County and southwestern York County high school sports. This position also works for GameTimePa, your home for high school sports coverage in southcentral Pennsylvania.

Candidates should have proven writing and reporting skills, a digital-first mentality, strong social media skills and video experience.

This journalist will cover nine high schools in the Hanover-Adams County area. While coverage will include game stories, this reporter will also be expected to use digital-first tools (blogs, videos, live chats, social media) to cover this region. Most stories will focus on issues, features and enterprise.

While this work demands someone with a passion for thoughtfully reporting for online platforms, the candidate must still consider print obligations.

If interested, send your resume and cover letter to careers@ync.com. EOE.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You get paid for going to games!

Yeesh.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hate to see that.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Is there a sports editor in Hanover nowadays, or does the writer report to one of the other SEs in the group?

5. Not much.

6. I held this position for two-plus years. The Hanover sports editor position was eliminated in March or April of last year. This position would report to Lyzz Jones, who is the editor of GameTimePA.com and the sports editor of the York Daily Record. York is about 30 minutes away and is where all the design work is done.

You can PM me with any questions.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"No, it's Lyzz with a Y. And two Z's."

"Oooo-kay. Mind telling me how you spell Jones?"

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Lyzz is a nice lady. ;)

9. mrubin6

mrubin6 New Member

If you have any questions about the position, feel free to PM me, as it is my position they are replacing hahaha. You are right jr/shotglass, Lyzz is an awesome boss to work with.

10. What happened to the former SE who was there for most of his career?

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Chuck was laid off.

Is Hanover still a daily, or did they go through on the plan to make it a 3-day?

12. Hanover went to the three-day-a-week publication schedule, I believe, late last year or early this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted