1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Bengals-Steelers, Packers-Lions, uh, Falcons-Panthers.

If the Seahawks get home field, no one is beating them. If not, the NFC could get interesting.

Pats have to be favorite in AFC, but they've under achieved in the playoffs a couple times under Belichick at home.

Oh, and Bears-Vikings for last in the North.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I don't see the Packers beating the Seahawks. I hope I'm wrong. If it's at Lambeau it could be interesting, but I see zero chance of the Packers going into Seattle and winning.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think Seattle's offense can be shut down to 10-14 points and I think Green Bay can score 21 in Seattle.

Green Bay has a pretty good pass defense, which could allow them to overload on the run to stop Lynch. I just don't think Baldwin, Kearse and Richardson are good enough.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Isn't this debate a bit premature? There's no guarantee the Packers will even have a home playoff game, let alone the top seed. I don't think the Lions can win in Green Bay, but it's still possible.

6. RecoveringJournalist

No debate is premature. No matter how the seedings land, GB and Seattle will be the overwhelming favorites to come out of the NFC.

7. Michael_ Gee

Favorites, yes. Overwhelming? What about Dallas?

8. RecoveringJournalist

I'd say overwhelming. Dallas could surprise, but I think people will be pretty stunned if it's not the Seahawks or Packers coming out of the NFC.

It's the same in the AFC with the Broncos and Patriots.

That certainly doesn't mean that another team couldn't surprise, but I think those teams are the ones most think will be there in February.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Are the Eagles out? I guess Sanchez is who we thought he was

10. Mr. Sunshine

Eagles are out. It's been a good few weeks for Nick Foles.

11. Michael_ Gee

Sanchez actually has a higher passer rating than Foles this year, although neither is very good.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Foles at least has upside. For now.

Draft saved Draft deleted