1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics threads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Dec 6, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This place is dead. And, Christmas isn't the reason.

Lots of stuff in the news, and barely any conversation.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, where did everybody go? Is there an alternate site?

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Ya just never know. :)

4. YankeeFan

Well, yes, but it's deader than here.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, been away for awhile. If we're going to be honest about why politics-only didn't work, we should admit that the feuds did not contain themselves to that area. Posters were incapable of controlling themselves. Their fights spilled over into everywhere else. I supported the idea of a politics-only section, because it was my hope I could avoid the idiocy -- and so could anyone else who wanted to. That utopia did not happen. Be honest about that.

As for the site's traffic being down (and I don't know if that's true), boom, you are as much responsible for that as anyone. You happily drove people away.

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Which begs the question....if the discussion isn't happening here...and that place where you're never out of place (heh heh) isn't thriving....where is the new Jeers?

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Walt, interesting read. Thank you for the link.
    Nobody likes ads, and I don't want to take food off anyone's table. I use Ad Blocker for privacy purposes.
    Without going into detail it is in my own financial interest not to throw money down Google's fat maw.
    I also don't wish to dispatch info for every site I visit to freaking Facebook.
    I know an admin of a bigger site than this ever was, and it's my understanding his profit was nothing substantial- beer and book money.
    Which is fine- I could always use that myself.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wonder if Eddie has any clue how much that amuses me.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm sure. History indicates how well you handle adversity on these boards.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You think finding out that little coward is so obsessed with me that he did that is adversity? It was a gift that never stops making me smile.

11. YankeeFan

How'd you become a "well-known member"?

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not sure. If you listen to Elliot, I guess it should read "notorious member". Maybe that's what they meant to do. :cool:

Draft saved Draft deleted