1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When fans have had enough

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Gotta give credit to Edmonton Oilers fans fed up with shite management and years of being a laughing stock, spent about $5,600 on a full page ad in the Edmonton Sun demanding the firing of president Kevin Lowe.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-daryl-katz-to-fire-kevin-lowe-180719173.html

The group has been around for a couple of years, and also have purchased a billboard on a major road demanding Lowe's firing for the second year in a row.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Take note, Bears fans.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't think that Jet fans are happy with John Idzik's work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That's pretty good, haven't seen that one yet. Though the flyby during a game doesn't work so well with hockey.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

RIP, fireronzook.com

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I feel terrible for you.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That's a poor sign. Santa could at least color-in the letters to make the sign more readable at a distance. Santa = asshat.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Goddamn yellow letters on yellow sign.

These guys get it:

[​IMG]

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Millen and the Lions is as close as I can figure to the amount of vitriol being poured out by a fan towards a particular executive who has long overstayed his welcome by any logic and their team.

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Good to see you stop by, Beef. Think maybe it's time to consider offers for Hall or some of the other young players the Oil have acquired in recent years?

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Moving Hall would be a mistake, yes he could fetch the biggest return but he's also by far their best player and arguably one of the top left wingers in hockey, despite his recent struggles. Trading him would be a step back and the last thing the franchise needs is more steps back. That being said, if they can move Eberle, Yakupov, Schultz, Perron, fill some holes and not get fleeced, I'd be more than fine with that. Only two untouchables to me, Hall and Nugent-Hopkins. Really I don't see anything major happening until the summer unless someone is willing to way overpay at the trade deadline.

My prediction for what happens is that former Hockey Canada head Bob Nicholson, who is currently undertaking a forensic study of the entire organization, will take over as team president, pushing Lowe out altogether or into some auxiliary role that allows Katz to maintain his superfriends jock sniffing relationship with his Boys on the Bus hero. Everyone else will be fired as well with Nicholson bringing in his own people in management, scouting and coaching. With this hanging over the organization, chances are you will not see any major moves (hence just an interim head coach was brought in to replace Eakins with the absurdity of MacTavish helping to transition Todd Nelson into the job) until the new group is in place. They'll want to give the new guys as many tools to work with in terms of trades as possible, and I don't think they trust the current scouting staff and management team to tie their own shoes.

Draft saved Draft deleted