1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics threads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think this is Dick Tuck's work.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Beachwear is on Aisle 7, Mr. President."

Boom_70 likes this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Jesus, how do you scale down photos on this thing?

4. Machine Head

Richard Nixon does not scale down, thank you.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No, I think Dick needs a tuck.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I mean no disrespect but what is the psychology involved in WANTING to play cop on a message board?
    The rules of the politics thread were clear as day. It halved the moderators' daily responsibility under the existing terms. It was the wrong side of town and it was fine.
    It also was smart, fast-paced and forced people to bring game- which many threads around here do not.
    I'm not going to comment on this any further, but I think the idea of restricting working professionals and news junkies from discussing current events is pretty obnoxious.

Riptide likes this.
  7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Someone should make the case for the politics thread again. It'll work this time. I'm sure of it.

jr/shotglass, JackReacher and Jeff like this.
  8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Talk about obnoxious, your point is driven home daily with the "Stop Now" thread stickyed at top of Sports and News thread:

"We're in a chill-out mode on ISIS and the Middle East and politics. A handful of immature posters can't hold their water. Will we allow discussion? Perhaps. Depends on the temperature of the room. For now, everyone is in timeout. So, please, stop poking the bear. Get some sleep. Come back in the morning and we'll see how things are and if posters have grown up. Have my doubts, but you never know."

Now back to the important topics of the day such as
    Haden Panettiere Gives Birth with it's 546 page views
    or
    What to do in Denver with 291 page views.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  9. Machine Head

Decided I'm going to make some kind of display for my campaign buttons. This might be the oldest one. Gonna hit eBay and try to fill in all Presidential elections as far back as my funds take me. [​IMG]

10. Machine Head

Searching online for buttons I remember when Perot ran and his people left a couple of boxes of campaign stuff at the station I was working at. Buttons, bumper stickers, banners, literature, etc.

It sat there for a while, then I think it was chucked.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We used to sell this mug in the gallery. Sold quite a few.

Attached Files:

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Boom, I started the Pannetterre thread just to see how many views such an insipid news item like that would get.
    I was not guessing more than 500.
    And I wouldn't recognize her if she delivered a pizza to my door.

Boom_70 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted