1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New SJ Owner

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Jeff, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

To our new overlord, Jeff: It would be really sweet if you can activate in-post videos from YouTube or other places.

We used to have [youtube] video [/youtube] and it would be radical if we could have that feature again.

To be thanking you.

2. Songbird

Still better than Vlade's interior defense?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No, even worse than that Xan but that's a nice pull.

4. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Being honest won't get anyone banned as long as they're civil about it. Going back to SMF isn't going to happen unfortunately, there's too many features that are useful from an admin perspective for dealing with spam, quickly sending out notices, etc.

Try it on for a few weeks, it might just grow on you.

Good question, I'll look into it next week and see what we can do on that front. First there's a few other details I need to tidy up and then I'm heading to bed--I pulled an all-nighter to finish this migration, and my body's telling me I'm not in college anymore.

5. Songbird

Also noticed there's no *NEW* button next to threads so it's difficult to know where the new ones began IRT the last one we read.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Taken aback a bit by the new design, but now that I've figured out how to jump to new, unread posts in a thread, I'm all good with it. And Jeff, I appreciate that you're on board with looking into Xan's suggestion. Very cool of you.

Songbird likes this.
  7. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

8. Songbird

We're getting humped hard by spam.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jeff, if you ever get tired of this site please let me know if you decide to sell it.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what is happening here, but apparently I have 15,562 messages.

Seems low.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Wow, I leave for a while, come back and just look what you children have done to this place!!! :confused:

Jeff, welcome. I'm Rosie, many refer to me as the board mom. I'm not around as much as I used to be, but I still drop in time to time.
    And I see I won't ever have to ground you since you already sent yourself to your room. :p
    You won't have to get me a beer, but coffee?
    Black, no creamer or sugar. Please and thank you!

EDIT: And what is this new member crap?? I've been a member of this board for almost 10 years!!! :(

ADodgen likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good to see you posting, Rosie. Looks like you are already up to active member. Looks like I may have been right in that the only designations right now are staff, new member and active member. I'm sure Jeff can confirm, but it looks like everybody but staff was designated as a new member when Jeff migrated everything, then we become active after we post.

Rosie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted