1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New SJ Owner

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Jeff, Dec 5, 2014.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'm an editor too, and not too bad if you ask me. But it's just a message board, for crying out loud.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Jeff, we have this thing here we like to call "silly season" ... ;)

3. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

You guys may not believe me, since I'm the one enforcing the edit time limit, but I do identify with getting annoyed about typos, and frequently edit my posts to fix them. I'm actually more persnickety about tweaking the phrasing of my writing so it reads a little better, pauses at just the right places, etc.

So I do empathize with you guys, and I agree that 48 hours isn't a perfect solution--there will be times you'll get frustrated you can't fix a typo. But the longer the edit period, the greater the percentage of edits being for the wrong reasons (spammer inserting links, ragequitter, etc) rather than the right reasons.

So I arbitrarily picked 48 hours, we'll try it and see how it goes.

@Evil... Thy Name is Orville Richenbacher! - Not sure if you saw, since you quoted the 5 minute post, but I made a decision later in the thread to make it 48 hours rather than 5 minutes.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Jeff, did you edit the previous post just to troll us? :)

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That sounds more than fair but if I were you I would also ask for a copy of his Psyc Doctor's report as
    full verification of his breakdown. Some of these guys can be be real sand baggers. If you have
    the report then you are more than covered if it blows up on you.

6. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

It would be interesting to find out what Jeff paid for the place.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

It would also be interesting to find out when Boom became such a classy troll.

8. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Wondered if anyone would notice. ;)

---
    Note: I removed a post where a user requested that I delete his account. All such requests need to be handled through PM, not in a public thread, so I have removed the post and will followup privately.

9. Works for me.
    But when I posted last night the inability to edit the post was instantaneous. As soon as it was up, I couldn't change it.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, but we can Like posts now. Definitely needs to be a weekly contest. oop would probably win.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is terrible.

Songbird likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted