1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creating a Sportsjournalists.com Twitter list

Discussion in 'Online Journalism' started by mustangj17, May 18, 2011.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Hey everyone,

I've recently uncovered the awesomeness of lists on Twitter. I've been using lists a lot lately and the next list I have planned is one for the Tweeters of SportsJournalists.com. The benefits of Twitter lists are pretty cool. You can organize groups of friends, or colleagues (like SportsJournalists.commers) and you can also use the list location to reply to all members and start conversations.

Say an SportsJournalists.commer wants to talk about Brad Renfro, they can talk to all participating SportsJournalists.commers by replying to the list in a tweet.

So if anyone wants to participate in this list and get the party started they can post their handle here (or PM it to me). However, unless your name is hidden people could find out your true identity. Me, I don't care so much. I'm not a sportswriter anymore, and well, I already have my handle listed in my sig.

So again, if your interested in participating in my SportsJournalists.com Twitter list, reply here, or PM me, or add me on Twitter and DM me. It should be a great outlet to chat about sports, and of course, Brad Renfo.

OH and Btw, I won't add anymore that doesn't ask to be put on the list. I don't want to out anybody. Just interested in starting some conversations.

I'll start adding folks as soon as they let me know. And as soon as we get some more people the conversation will be going on Twitter @gunnsh0w/sjdotcom

(P.S. Twitter can be finicky sometimes so it may take up to 24 hours or so for someone to be sucesfully added).

2. SeanKennedy

SeanKennedy Member

Brad Renfro? Count me in. @SeanDKennedy

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

@GHClevelandSprt

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Added both of you to the list. hopefully we get some more additions as it goes along. I don't know really anyone on this board, so if you have people you can urge to join the list, please do so.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

List up to 5. It's getting there.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

@freelancehack

7. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

@thaddock

8. cmlifer

cmlifer New Member

@bossick

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Cool. Everyone who sent the name in the last few days, or PM'd it to me... I will add them tomorrow morning.

And CMLifer... FIRE UP CHIPS! That was the first paper I was published in. Men's club rugby preview story.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The Sjdotcom twitter list located @gunnsh0w/sjdotcom is now up to 10 members.

If you subscribe to the list, or just view it, you can read what the SportsJournalists.com members are saying and also get links to new SportsJournalists.com threads. Check it out.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Just added 2 more members. Now the list is up to 12

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

@JamesRoyal

Draft saved Draft deleted