1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jets halftime show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Nov 20, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Yeah, Bourbon Street (does not equal) New Orleans.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was going to say they don't have to do that shit at the Superdome. They do it everywhere else.

3. Mitch E.

Mitch E. Member

Well, it sounds like the Jets fans are actually acting better than about five years ago. Back then they were throwing quarters to kids at the bottom of the ramp, and when the kids went to get the change the fans poured beer on them.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Used to be easy to spot Giants fans: older, more affluent, cigar-smoking middle-age guys with a modicum of class. Sorry to say, that's changing as their progeny parade their lack of sense and proper upbringing in public.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

See?

Natural selection does work.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Amateurs. In Philly they throw batteries at them.

7. KP

KP Active Member

Those two youtube clips have since been taken down.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ding-ding-ding.

I too thought of previous experiences on Bourbon Street and the infield of your average NASCAR race, but in those circumstances I don't recall the revelers turning against the non-flashing women by throwing bottles. They just moved on to the next contestant. These Jets fans felt different, at least in the story and pictures. Maybe they could stand to scalp one ticket every year and take the proceeds to a strip club to get their boob fill. Of course, with the way the Jets are playing they might not get enough $$ for the two-drink minimum.

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/jets/2007-11-20-rowdy-fans_N.htm

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — New Jersey Senate President Dick Codey wants a crackdown on the rowdy behavior of Jets fans at Giants Stadium.
    Codey says Gate D apparently stands for "drunk and disgusting."

Codey wants the heads of the state police and state Sports and Exposition Authority to investigate the reports and end the gatherings.
    State police Sgt. Stephen Jones said troopers and security guards are already doing their jobs.

"Where people have been caught exposing themselves, they have been evicted from the stadium and often arrested. Where other fans exhibit dangerous or illegal behaviors including harassment, they have been dealt with in similar fashion," said Jones.

10. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Some callers to WFAN today suggested many in the crowd of louts were cops and firefighters. One caller said he was a former security guard and felt intimidated by these cops/ffs when he asked them to back off.
    If so, that makes the story even more disturbing. The mood in some of those videos felt like the opening scenes from The Accused.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

"He's right."

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Falcon fan here. This would never happen in Atlanta. Maybe it not happening in some places is a Southern thing?

You do get some people drinking in the ATL...

You also get people who've just come from church.

And how pathetic was the comment "NFL games aren't really places to take children." Huh?? Going to NFL games with my dad are some of my fondest childhood memories. I would actually get dressed up for the games. It was a classy event, special occasion kind of thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted